Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Friday, September 19, 2008

While the Wife's away....

.....the Husband will play!!

Ok, I wouldn't really call it playing, but our little home has been driving me crazy lately. Jamie went to Coeur d 'Alene ID for the weekend. Last night she flew to Spokane to be picked up by an aunt for her cousin's wedding on Saturday, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity for me to get things done around the house while she was gone.

The whole goal I have right now is to make it "feel" like there is more space in this house. I feel like we have cluter everywhere, and it is time to get rid of stuff. Now, when I say stuff I am talking some junk and some good. I just can't stand having something up against every wall in the house.

I started by putting up these shelves so we can get rid of a bookcase.

This bookcase will now be will be sold!!

I put shelves up in the office closet to hold my music so we can get rid of a smaller bookcase. I also moved the piano into the closet.


Now on to the pantries!

Yes, I said pantries because at one time we felt we needed a second pantry more than a linen closet. We moved all of the linens into a bedroom closet and moved the chips, crackers, popcorn, jello, pudding, and cake mixes into the linen closet to be known as pantry #2. Pantry #2 was really a junk food closet, and it is time to consolidate. I am ready to have the linen closet back.

Here is pantry #1 with all of the stuff from both pantries. I added the consolidator for the cans as an early birthday present Jamie. I am glad I got it all to fit.
Now there is space in the closet for the linens!! I will be moving those soon. Hope you enjoyed my little update. Hopefully I can continue getting stuff done around this place. Who knows.....if I have time and you are lucky enough....you may even get another update!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin I am so impressed...next update I want to see the yard...rocks and all. Love Mom

The Laws said...

Justin you're the best!!! We miss you...everyone wishes you were here!! I love you!--Jamie

Anonymous said...

The man is once again leaving his footprint ... just try and keep up with Justin -- I got tired up cleaning the "clutter" just hearing you talk about it Good job Bro -- JD

Brent and Janeen Carver said...

Wow,
that looks great Justin!!! You did an awesome job!! I'm proud of you!!!
yay for more space!
love you,
neen

D Shaw said...

Justin I am so proud of you. Even while Jamie was gone you did some work without Jamie being there. Good Job. The shelves look nice.