Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On the Boat in Portland...

We took a last minute trip to Portland this weekend. My Uncle Dean called last week and let us know he was going to be there staying on his house boat and we were invited to come up and hang out. So I promptly got a trade for Sunday and off we went! Sunday we spent the afternoon sitting around the boat watching movies (I highly recommend Get Smart, it was much better than I originally thought it was going to be!) and did a little shopping at the mall across the street (because a trip to Portland is not complete without shopping!) There is this really cool antique wooden carousel that was built in 1921 in the Jantzen Beach shopping center.


These were our deluxe accommodations for the weekend. Believe it or not I forgot to take a picture of Deans boat. So this is one my mom took last spring.

I was too busy taking pictures of this REALLY cool boat parked next to us. The story of this boat was pretty cool too, the grandparents of the guy who owns it now sailed over on it from the Netherlands...can you imagine this boat crossing those kinds of waters! Amazing!

This is how you start a boat that has been sitting in the marina for five months...It's a two man job. Monday morning it wasn't raining so we went for a boat ride.

There are some amazing boat houses in Portland...This is the one I am going to own someday...RIGHT! It was the most impressive!


And our trip to Portland would not be complete with out a stop at IKEA. Okay, so we've never been to IKEA, but have heard wonderful things about it...and I LOVED it!! We rode the bus and the max almost all the way back to the airport..I, of course, knew exactly where I was going and I think Dean and Justin were a little worried I didn't. But I was right, just two stops from the airport is IKEA! We didn't buy anything this trip, but I will definitely be back!

Tuesday morning was raining and dark so we took our time getting ready and headed to the airport for our noon flight home. Thanks, Dean, for another great weekend!

1 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I envy your ability to just pick up and go on a trip like that. Maybe someday I'll get my turn. I love OREGON!!!