Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Small Town Independence Day...

We decided on the Porcupine Races in Council again this year for the 4th of July. I mean really. What says "Independence Day" more than 20 wild porcupines racing across the football field? Okay...not all at the same time...and not the whole football field. We got to Council a little early so we decided to get some lunch before the parade. They were a little slow with the cooking so we missed most of the parade. Michael was the first one done eating so I sent him with my camera. I got to see the parade for the first time while going through my pictures tonight...Thanks Michael!
There's always some time to kill while they're auctioning off the porcupines before the race. I took this opportunity to practice using the manual mode on my camera...Kara- How'd I do?
Tim and I decided at the last minute to take our dogs, Stella and Sadie. Since we had to take two cars we put Grandma, Michael and Justin in Grandma's car and Mom, Faith, Tim and I took the dogs in mom's car. Needless to say...I have to help my mom wash and vacuum her car this weekend.
Jen had to work and the boys were with they're dad until noon.
Tim's friend Raleigh and part of his family met us up there. Faith doesn't like Raleigh. He has to bribe her with candy for kisses. Luckily his kids did well at the parade and he was able to trick her into two kisses before the races started.
Porcupines only run about 2 mph tops.
The fence this years wasn't escape proof. Unlike past years, there was at least one porcupine that escaped each of the 4 heats. One of the porcupine handlers had to have 28 quills removed from his leg before he could race his porcupine in the final heat.
After the races we went back to my mom's house for dinner and Jen and the boys met us there.
How many people does it take to fix the deck railing? Seriously, Justin and Tim did a great job!
Couldn't resist this...Faith and Mason playing the piano while Kaden helps them out with the pedals.
In keeping with our small town independence day feel we went to Ontario for fireworks. This is the look Faith had on her face when her sparkler got a little too close to her fingers.
But she quickly got over it.
To pass the time waiting for the fireworks to start we had a dog pile on Justin, played Tag, and Duck, Duck, Goose.
I did leave out one thing. Between dinner and the fireworks we went to Tim & Jen's house and tried out "Just Dance." Let's just say I won't be posting those pictures. :)

0 comments: