Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lexie's First Day of School

Abby
Last night we started our first of ten weeks with Scotch Pines Dog Training for Lexie. Since I had to take Abby through by myself when she was 6 months, Justin gets to take Lexie. We decided as long as one of us had to go I would take Abby through the class again, although I’m sure I need the refresher more than she does. At the end of ten weeks Lexie will be able to…
  • Heel
  • Sit
  • Down
  • Stay (which is REALLY hard for beagles!!)
  • Come
  • Finish
  • Stand for Exam
  • Be Reliable off Leash

Justin’s goal this time is to graduate top in the class. I think he’s feeling pretty confident since we have been through before, however, the fact that Lexie is a beagle may be his biggest obstacle. Beagles rank 72 out of 79 breeds for ease of training. The hardest part about the training is finding 40 minutes a day, split into 10 minute sections, to work with the girls.



Lexie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure training a dog is harder than training a child...I wonder where Hallie ranks in ease of training...

Karli said...

Good luck with the dog training! What a cutie! (: We don't have a dog, but will eventually get one for our kids I'm sure. Loved hearing from you!
Karli