Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homemade Noodles...

Thursday night we attempted to make homemade noodles. Why on earth would we decide to do something so domestic? Because the meal we had pulled out of the freezer for dinner said 'serve over rice or noodles.' I don't like rice and the only noodles we had were spaghetti, fettuccine, or jumbo shells, so we thought, "hey we can make noodles." So we pulled out the trusty Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, this cookbook is a staple for every kitchen!! The noodles turned out great, and the recipe was relatively simple. I say relatively simple because I didn't have to do the hard part, the kneading and rolling the dough out...Justin did that for me!! The only thing we could have done differently to make them better would have been to add some basil to the dough.


4 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

homemade noodles are the best! I like 'em in chicken noodle soup myself. They taste way better than boiled store stuff.

Brent and Janeen Carver said...

Mm that is awesome! Way to go guys! Wish i was as talendted as you!!!

Unknown said...

I am thoroughly impressed with your mad kitchen skills. I wanted to make noodles one time...I decided to go to the store and buy some instead, it took less time!

Mrs. Romriell said...

Homemade noddles!! So domestic, so the rest of the meal was a frozen meal...pre-made. And that with home-made noodles, I like. I think I might try it...if you can I hope I can;-). We love ya!!