Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Camping We Will Go...

This weekend we took our first camping trip of the summer, with hopefully more to come! We left Friday evening when Michael got off work and headed to Brownlee. We knew it was supposed to be a rainy weekend but were super excited just to get out of town. We took Justin's dad's camper, aka the Prowler, so we stayed dry for the most part. Saturday we made breakfast on the BBQ and decided on a drive to Hells Canyon for the morning. We loaded up the dogs and made sandwiches. And I'm sure I'd be editing this later if I didn't include that when packing the food I forgot the ketchup and mustard...yeah the guys were pretty upset about that...but we did have mayo.
Michael took a picture of the storm clouds over the mountains
They were letting SO MUCH water out of the dam at Hells Canyon it was crazy to watch
The water in the reservoir was smooth as glass...
When we got back from Hells Canyon we took a little hike with the dogs.And my favorite part of camping...SMORES!!!



Here's to the next camp-out...hopefully in a couple weeks!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to reply! Yes...We are expecting another blessing. (due in December). The real reason I'm writing though is the mistake of the Ketchup and Mustard. My Mom and Dad camp a lot. (we don't think they can remember 1-800-holidayinn) Anyway, My Mom has this checklist that she makes based on things she always brings or might want to bring each time. So she categorizes food, drinks, etc. That way you can look down the list each time and know your not forgetting anything and you don't have to redo it each time. Plus you can take it to the store and use it as your shopping list. I think she just stores it in her camping file on the computer and prints one off when ready to go. Don't forget to put chocolate on there! (and Marshmallows!)

Unknown said...

I've meant to ask you this for some time but keep forgetting...who is Micheal? I see him a lot of your pictures and from what I can gather he lives with you?! Who is this mystery man? :)