Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Sunday, October 18, 2009

Abby Moo...










Yesterday we lost our 4-year-old Beagle, Abby. We left her out back, like we always did, while we went to town. Abby layed down on the back deck and the tags on her collar got stuck between the boards. She twisted herself up trying to get out and strangled herself. Knowing we may not be in our house much longer, we decided to take her up to Justin's parents house to rest in peace. This is quite possibly one of the hardest things I've ever done. I was telling Justin yesterday that I always thought people who cried over their pets were dumb...well count me as one of them now! I was really looking forward to working from home and having her here with me all the time. Since we don't have kids, loosing Abby was like loosing a child for us. Thank you, everyone for your thoughts, prayers and messages. We know this had to happen for a reason, we're just waiting to find out why.

5 comments:

Porters said...

Hey lady I'm so sorry about your loss. We had a similar situation that happened to my dad's lab several years ago so I know that is really hard to deal with. I know it will get better but don't feel dumb about being upset I don't know what we will do when our dog pass away that just truely become part of the family.

Julz said...

Wow! I did not see that one coming. My heart breaks for you two it truly does. Andrew and I just lost Elvis about 5 months ago. I put him out back to go potty and never saw him again. I ran all over town like a crazy person putting up signs for 3 months before I gave up the fight. I decided to put all my faith in the Lord that everything would be alright. Elvis was part of our family and loosing him WAS like losing a child to us too. So I know exactly how you feel. He was so much more than a pet to me, he was my life savor when we lived in Idaho. He was what got me through the tough days before I met you and your hubby. I am truly shedding tears for you right now. I wish I could give you a great big hug right now, but there is one small problem! the 1000 miles that separates us. I am so sorry for your loss and not just any loss a tragic loss. We love you and our prayers are with you. I will try to find the Poem that was given to me after we lost Rocko to parvo. It really helped me when I was down, and I will email it to you. Luv ya guys

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Abby- If I would've known before lunch today I would've given you an extra long hug!!

Denise Wheeler said...

I"m so sorry to here about Abby. I just cryed when I read your blog. I'm still having a hard time. I know that Abby was a joy of your life. I truly believe that we will be able to be with our pets again, because they have been such a big part of your lives. There lost is like losing a family member.Remember Everything was created spiritualy before it was created temporally. My heart is just breaking for you guys. You both will be in my prayers and thouhgts! Love you guys!

Amy said...

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life......He whispers, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you. When you see only one set of footprints, It is then that I carried you."

He loves you and so do we. Braden, Maddie, Amy and JD