Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello Vancouver...

Here we are! After two not-so-fun flights (although they weren't nearly as bad as they could have been) we made it to Vancouver! There was no beverage service on either flight because of the turbulence...and I was so looking forward to finally have Coke products back on our flights!
After riding the Canada Line and the Seabus to North Vancouver we met up with Sharon and Jess at work and then went to get our rental car. A spicy red Dodge Charger. :) Then off to Metrotown for some window shopping ---yes mom, window shopping---while Jess had a job interview. We found some FANTASTIC caramel corn...mmm...eating that now!
Jess brought some lollies from New Zealand with her. The Pineapple Lumps were SO good. A pineapple marshmallow-ey center covered in New Zealand chocolate..mmm. Jess just had one Jaffa left so she cut it in half to share with Justin so he could try it...even though she didn't really want to. ;)
I'm not sure what the plan is for tomorrow yet...but I'm sure it will be full of fun!

3 comments:

Michael said...

I took a nap so didnt really mind not having a drink

Kara & the Boys said...

Hey, if you and/or your friend figure out how to get that New Zealand candy into the States, let me know! :) Have fun in Vancouver!

Karli said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

Random question: was your husband at a funeral in Nyssa recently? Playing piano or something? (:

And, I am jealous that your library carries the Anita Stansfield books. I am tempted to have you keep it long enough for you and your friend to read it and then catch up with you and read it myself before you turn it back in! Then do that again with the fourth & fifth books...I am looking to just buy them right now, but they are kinda spendy... We'll see. So far I am loving the first one. Glad to hear a raving review from someone else! (: