Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Monday, January 25, 2010

Missing Her...

Okay....I know this is an awful picture of Abby, but I was cleaning my memory card today and came across this picture. It was the last one taken of Abby on October 13th, just 4 days before she died. None of us remember taking the picture. She obviously turned away from the back door right as the picture was taken...I should just delete it, I mean you can't even see her face...but I can't....and I don't have to right??
I can't believe it's already been three months. I never added this part in her original post, but the Monday before, on October 12th, we had given Lexie to a new home with a friend from work who has 3 little boys with lots of energy to play with Lex (and her new name is Lucy!). My thought was that I was going to start working from home and wanted Abby to hang out with me in my office, but Lexie was too wound up...she never would have sit still for that long, and I didn't think it was fair to leave her outside and only bring Abby in. Little did I know we would only have Abby for 5 more days after that. So here we are with Stella, three months later...while not a replacement...a fantastic companion and so very lovable.
Abby would have liked her!

3 comments:

Brent and Janeen Carver said...

no you shouldn`t delete it. every picture has a story. this will always be close to you heart. love you!

Julz said...

Absolutely not! I came across a picture of Elvis the other day and he was just off in the corner. These precious little creatures are special chapters in our life. I love Stella's Woobie:)

Kara & the Boys said...

Don't delete it. You'll always love having one last image of her. At the very end of May, 2008, my dad's shih tzu, Moco died. My dad and I both were devestated because Moco came to work with us every day of the week. I'm so sorry you lost your dog....no fun. It was after Moco's death that I decided to get a dog for my family and he (Gizmo) has been such a blessing!