Going Private...

Want to know the new, exciting news we have to share? Leave your email in the comments for an invite to our private blog!! temporaryhome4kids.blogspot.com Or email me at temporaryhome4kids@gmail.com. Friends, and friends of friends of friends welcome!





Friday, January 23, 2009

The hardest things...

This is a post from Justin and it is while he is very emotional, so feel free to skip if you would like!!

Isn't it amazing how the hardest things in life are really the greatest. These little boys came into our lives and have taught us so much. I am truly grateful for the week we have had with them. It has definitely been one of the hardest weeks of my life. I can finally understand some of the feelings it is to be a parent. The feeling of being completely exhausted, being proud of the decisions your child makes, helping them understand making good choices, and the feeling of teaching them important aspects of life.

This week has been so amazing for me. These two little boys changed very quickly. They are now more respectful and have manners. This week they learned to say "excuse me", "please", "thank you", and "sorry". They enjoyed the routines and structure within our home. They learned the importance of family time and family prayer, and in fact reminded me one night when I was soooo tired, that I had forgotten family prayer at bed time.

These boys have truly touched my life. How wonderful it is that we were able to be a small part in theirs. I just thought I would share some of my favorite things they said.

{B}- "Daddy..... I Love You"
{J}- "Doesn't it feel good to come home to a clean house?"
{B}- "Will you please be the tickley monster again?"
{J}- "Daddy, Why do your movies have ages on them?"

I will never forget how proud they were to wake up to dry underwear after we started the "Boys Who Don't Wet the Bed" club. They will definitely be missed in our home, but I know they are loving being with their mom. We will have others come into our home, and I look forward to the challenges and love they will bring.

We are truly blessed.

4 comments:

The Fuhrmann's said...

You are so right. Kids are the best. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing in bring kids into our lives. You and Jamie make the best parents to any kid.

Brent and Janeen Carver said...

you guys are two amazing people. I really admire you for doing this. I know you impacted their lives for good. I'm excited to meet the knew ones to come!
love you guys
neen

Amy said...

It takes special people to care for kids, feed them, teach them and love them no matter what. And then there are those super special people who unselfishly give of themselves to care for and love children who are not their own. We all admire, support and appreciate the lessons of love you share with us. Best wishes - We love you

"THE LAWS" said...

you guys are the best! You will be remembered in there thoughts for the rest of there lives. you should feel proud that you two set such great exampels! we love you guys